Aspenleaf Energy Limited
Aspenleaf Energy Limited is a private oil and gas exploration and production company that is pursuing an acquisition and exploitation strategy in western Canada. The company is focused on light oil and liquids-rich gas opportunities and is led by a team of seasoned industry professionals with extensive acquisition and operations experience.
- 28 years with Royal Dutch Shell/Shell Canada and over three years with Athabasca Oil Corp.
- Completed over $25 bln in transactions, including corporate/asset acquisitions, sales and Joint Ventures.
- Experience in conventional oil & gas assets, EOR, oil sands, and unconventional resource plays.
- Personal emphasis on building collaborative solutions and attracting and empowering high quality staff.
- 25 years with Royal Dutch Shell/Shell Canada and over three years with Summerland Energy
- Increasingly senior roles at Shell, ultimately serving as North American onshore Exploration Manager
- Junior company experience while COO of Summerland, responsible for all operational activities
- Recognized leader in onshore environments, experienced in resource plays and conventional oil & gas
- 20 years with Shell Canada and over three years with both Fairborne Energy and Summerland Energy
- Seasoned reservoir engineer with extensive background in field development, optimization, and EOR
- Junior company experience while holding senior positions at Fairborne and Summerland
- Knowledge of WCSB* across a variety of plays, including resource plays and conventional oil & gas
- 33 years with Royal Dutch Shell/Shell Canada in upstream oil and gas in Canada and the US
- Diverse experience ranging from play development, drilling and completions, land, regulatory, and operations
- Recent positions at Shell included VP Production for all US onshore assets and VP Unconventionals Canada
- Track record of delivering results, improving performance, and implementing systems and processes
VP Corporate Development
- Prior to joining Aspenleaf in early 2014, spent 14 years in energy investment banking based in Calgary, Alberta
- Significant experience in corporate planning and executing a broad range of financial transactions
- While an investment banker, completed over 30 M&A transactions with an aggregate value of over $20 billion and completed over 70 equity and debt financings raising an aggregate of over $10 billion
VP Finance & Chief Financial Officer
- Chartered Accountant with 11+ years of experience in progressively senior financial roles in public practice and both publicly-traded and private junior energy companies
- Extensive experience in full cycle accounting/financial reporting, risk management, corporate governance, treasury, forecasting, budgeting and strategic planning
- Additional involvement in various business transactions including corporate and asset M&A, public debt and equity financing, and take-private transaction