Aspenleaf Energy Limited
Aspenleaf Energy Limited is a private oil and gas exploration and production company that is pursuing an acquisition and exploitation strategy in western Canada. The company is focused on light oil and liquids-rich gas opportunities and is led by a team of seasoned industry professionals with extensive acquisition and operations experience.
- 28 years with Royal Dutch Shell/Shell Canada and over three years with Athabasca Oil Corp.
- Completed over $25 bln in transactions, including corporate/asset acquisitions, sales and Joint Ventures.
- Experience in conventional oil & gas assets, EOR, oil sands, and unconventional resource plays.
- Personal emphasis on building collaborative solutions and attracting and empowering high quality staff.
CFO & Corporate Secretary
- A Chartered Accountant with more than 30 years as a financial executive in both public and private Canadian junior and intermediate oil and gas exploration and production companies.
- Functional responsibilities have included corporate finance, treasury, accounting and financial reporting, budgets, tax planning and structuring, strategic planning, business development, hedging, corporate secretary, investor relations, human resources, compensation planning, information systems and administration activities.
- Experience in acquisition and divestiture evaluation, negotiation and structuring.
- 25 years with Royal Dutch Shell/Shell Canada and over three years with Summerland Energy
- Increasingly senior roles at Shell, ultimately serving as North American onshore Exploration Manager
- Junior company experience while COO of Summerland, responsible for all operational activities
- Recognized leader in onshore environments, experienced in resource plays and conventional oil & gas
- 20 years with Shell Canada and over three years with both Fairborne Energy and Summerland Energy
- Seasoned reservoir engineer with extensive background in field development, optimization, and EOR
- Junior company experience while holding senior positions at Fairborne and Summerland
- Knowledge of WCSB* across a variety of plays, including resource plays and conventional oil & gas
- 33 years with Royal Dutch Shell/Shell Canada in upstream oil and gas in Canada and the US
- Diverse experience ranging from play development, drilling and completions, land, regulatory, and operations
- Recent positions at Shell included VP Production for all US onshore assets and VP Unconventionals Canada
- Track record of delivering results, improving performance, and implementing systems and processes
VP Corporate Development
- Prior to joining Aspenleaf in early 2014, spent 14 years in energy investment banking based in Calgary, Alberta
- Significant experience in corporate planning and executing a broad range of financial transactions
- While an investment banker, completed over 30 M&A transactions with an aggregate value of over $20 billion and completed over 70 equity and debt financings raising an aggregate of over $10 billion