Contract Battery/Field Operators
Aspenleaf Energy Limited (ALE) is a private oil and gas exploration and production company that is currently looking to fill contract battery/field operating positions in the Leduc, Alberta area. The company is focused on light oil opportunities and is led by a team of seasoned industry professionals with extensive operational experience.
- Reporting directly to the Shift Lead Operator you will be part of an active team responsible for the integrated oil field and sour gas plant operations. Your shifts will be organized with overtime and callouts shared amongst the team.
- Work within HSE standards and comply with all ALE rules, guidelines, policies and procedures. Conduct safety walk arounds, participate in formal safety audits, identify and complete hazard ID’s…etc.
- Maintain accurate daily production and equipment logs, records, production readings, and all electronic reporting formats. Assist the operations team in managing the day to day operations of the facilities and wells. Coordinate work with shift partner to complete monthly run tasks, required pigging/batching, and applicable documentation.
- Identify and contribute ideas to increase production, minimize operating costs and eliminate downtime
- Conduct daily well testing as required, document and act on results
- Monitor and ensure regulatory compliance
- Execute day-to-day operations and ensure activities are focused on safety, compliance, production and aligned with business priorities
- Engage in troubleshooting opportunities to work with more experienced unit Operators to gain experience and confidence
- Initiate troubleshooting activities for all abnormal operational events and take corrective actions as necessary
- Support maintenance schedule by preparing equipment for scheduled work
- Ensure equipment, facilities and wells are maintained
- Responsible for creating a sustainable continuous improvement culture by continually seeking to improve performance and their work processes to be more efficient, effective, and safer. This includes challenging the status quo and identifying and executing both strategic and focused improvement efforts.
- Engage with engineering and initiate MOC’s
- Champion and drive the health and wellness of the organizations people in support of Aspenleaf’s safety, culture and values
- Create an environment that nurtures and supports multi‐disciplinary collaboration
Applicants must have a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in the following:
- Candidates must live within 30 min of Leduc/Devon area, or willing to relocate
- Oil Facility operations including, sour wells, compression, sour gas processing, satellites and batteries
- Working knowledge of pipeline gathering systems, pigging procedures and operations
- Previous sour gas plant operations experience including compression, amine sweetening, dehydration and acid gas disposal.
- Artificial lift systems including pump jacks and submersible pumps etc.
- Production monitoring systems such as Scada (Cygnet)
- Production reporting (ProdView, EZOps)
- Computer based programs and systems (Eg; Microsoft, Word &Excel, Roughneck )
- Issuing work permits and supervising work activities
- Operating waterflood/water injection systems
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- Contractor must have valid WCB, Insurance, and current oilfield competency training including: Solis/CMDS, First Aid/CPR, H2S Alive, WHMIS, TDG, EGSO
Wages are competitive